RMG Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God, I love my dog

4 posters

Go down

God, I love my dog Empty God, I love my dog

Post  jitterypillow Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:05 am

I love my cats, too, but there's just something about a good, loyal dog that is just awesome. I love looking into her eyes, and knowing that if the shit really ever hit the fan, I can rely on her to help out. I know that if anybody ever attacked my kids, she would rip their throats out, no questions asked. I also know that she would never hurt anybody that wasn't threatening my family or her. People always ask if she bites, and I always tell them "no". She's a good puppy. Just don't touch my kids, and you're fine. Smile

I won't go so far as to call myself a Dog Lover, 'cause in the words of Ron White, I love MY dog. I don't give a shit about YOUR dog. Especially if I'm walking my dog, and your dog is one of those asshole dogs that won't stop BARKING!

Bah. Any takers?
jitterypillow
jitterypillow

Back to top Go down

God, I love my dog Empty Re: God, I love my dog

Post  kasblah Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 am

I love my cats, but I would always love to have a dog again.

When I was growing up, there were these two collie/shepherd mixed dogs names Sunny and Butch. They were the neighborhood dogs, and would come visit the kids to play..the owners sucked, so we kind of adopted them.

One day when I was on my front lawn, another neighbors dog (a Newfoundland) came across the street to play with me..well Sundance and Butch were both already there..they both jumped when they saw Beefeater, stood in front of me, and wouldn't let Beefy near me (though he was a sweetheart of a dog too)
I loved those two dogs, even though I wasn't their owner, they protected me as if they were.

ok I'm drunk right now, so I hope I haven't babbled too much

kasblah

Back to top Go down

Post  jitterypillow Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:48 am

Not at all. Sounds like those were good times. Smile
jitterypillow
jitterypillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm a dog person. Sorry but cats don't do it for me. Too many cats are like pfft fuck you, leave me alone! A dog is always gonna come to you at some point and be like oh oh oh pet me! Oh oh oh play with me! Or something like that. There are just too many times my dogs look up at me and I just melt. It's like awww!!! There is just such love in their eyes that it's hard to not be there for them. Like there are times I lay down to go to bed and my one dog will lay down and then if I move she almost gets pissed cause she's not laying right against me so she shifts to have her back against my side. It's like she has to be laying next to me.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:39 am

My ferret is the same way. I always wanted a ferret, 'cause I thought they were cute, but I never realized JUST how loyal they are. He loves me no matter what happens, no matter how poopy his box gets, no matter how dry his water gets, no matter how empty his food dish, no matter how old his bedding. Granted, I do take really good care of his cage. But still, I'm just trying to prove a point. What a Face The only time he gets made is when it's bath and nail clipping time, but then afterward he ends up being really happy 'cause he feels so much better. I wanna get him a friend, but I'm afraid that I won't really care about the friend, it'll just be like it's an accessory for him... that's why I haven't gotten one yet. pig He loves to lick my nose, lmao, it's the cutest thing ever. cat
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

http://www.myspace.com/classyeva

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:30 am

charliebrown36 wrote:My ferret is the same way. I always wanted a ferret, 'cause I thought they were cute, but I never realized JUST how loyal they are. He loves me no matter what happens, no matter how poopy his box gets, no matter how dry his water gets, no matter how empty his food dish, no matter how old his bedding. Granted, I do take really good care of his cage. But still, I'm just trying to prove a point. What a Face The only time he gets made is when it's bath and nail clipping time, but then afterward he ends up being really happy 'cause he feels so much better. I wanna get him a friend, but I'm afraid that I won't really care about the friend, it'll just be like it's an accessory for him... that's why I haven't gotten one yet. pig He loves to lick my nose, lmao, it's the cutest thing ever. cat

Aww I don't think you'd not care for the friend. I don't think you're the type of person that could be that way. As for getting another one...no clue. I don't know much about ferrets to know how open they are to other ferrets and so on. I know every dog is different. Getting a 2nd dog was one of our best decisions with the way the 2 of them play with each other.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:My ferret is the same way. I always wanted a ferret, 'cause I thought they were cute, but I never realized JUST how loyal they are. He loves me no matter what happens, no matter how poopy his box gets, no matter how dry his water gets, no matter how empty his food dish, no matter how old his bedding. Granted, I do take really good care of his cage. But still, I'm just trying to prove a point. What a Face The only time he gets made is when it's bath and nail clipping time, but then afterward he ends up being really happy 'cause he feels so much better. I wanna get him a friend, but I'm afraid that I won't really care about the friend, it'll just be like it's an accessory for him... that's why I haven't gotten one yet. pig He loves to lick my nose, lmao, it's the cutest thing ever. cat

Aww I don't think you'd not care for the friend. I don't think you're the type of person that could be that way. As for getting another one...no clue. I don't know much about ferrets to know how open they are to other ferrets and so on. I know every dog is different. Getting a 2nd dog was one of our best decisions with the way the 2 of them play with each other.

Aw, well thank you for that lovely compliment, Freak. Smile I know deep down that I wouldn't do that, but I would still be scared that I would love one more than the other and it would turn into a favorites thing and one of them would feel neglected which is bad, because it's a proven scientific fact with ferrets that they are a very social animal and if they get depressed too long they will die, even if they are healthy in every other aspect. So IDK yet, I haven't decided. If I do do it, it's not gunna be until after I have my credit card bills paid off so that I have the money to care for them both. What a Face
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

http://www.myspace.com/classyeva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down