RMG Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie reviews

5 posters

Go down

Movie reviews Empty Movie reviews

Post  Freak Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:44 am

Feel free to post about any good movies you've seen or ones that really, really SUCK!

Okay so...District 9 is a good one to see! It was a bit different than I thought it was gonna be but still a good movie.

Transformers 2...good movie and yeah I know that came out a while ago but Razz

The new Harry Potter is good too. Um let's see what else have I seen recently. Suspect Uh no clue lol!

But I do wanna see the GI Joe movie, Orphan and I forget the others lol
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Movie reviews Empty Re: Movie reviews

Post  kasblah Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:56 am

yeah saw District 9 last night..totally not what I expected, but a good surprise!

kasblah

Back to top Go down

Movie reviews Empty Meh.

Post  jitterypillow Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 am

I can't help but think I'm going to absolutely HATE G.I. Joe. Everything I hear about it pisses me off more than the last. I would say it's a generational thing, but I've talked to lots of other guys my age, and most of 'em don't have the problems with the movie that I have. Maybe it's because I've read the comics, which did a much better job of getting to know the actual characters, and giving them depth, so that now, when I see them being pissed all over by Hollywood, it agitates me.

But, I'm trying to reserve judgement 'til I see it. Then I'll tell you all how bad it sucks. Razz
jitterypillow
jitterypillow

Back to top Go down

Post  kasblah Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:59 am

there were GI Joe comics? geek

kasblah

Back to top Go down

Post  jitterypillow Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:11 am

Yup. They actually continued on longer than the cartoon. I believe they ran from 1983 or so until '94, by Marvel comics. Then in 2001, they were brought back by Image comics. The first issue came out September 12th. Kinda freaky that a fictional anti-terrorist team comes back to print the day after America's worst terrorist attack ever.

Sadly enough, G.I. Joe is responsible for the first ever entirely silent comic book. No voice bubbles, no captions, the story was told entirely through the art. No suprise to anybody familiar with the characters, the issue starred Snake Eyes.
jitterypillow
jitterypillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:18 am

jitterypillow wrote:I can't help but think I'm going to absolutely HATE G.I. Joe. Everything I hear about it pisses me off more than the last. I would say it's a generational thing, but I've talked to lots of other guys my age, and most of 'em don't have the problems with the movie that I have. Maybe it's because I've read the comics, which did a much better job of getting to know the actual characters, and giving them depth, so that now, when I see them being pissed all over by Hollywood, it agitates me.

But, I'm trying to reserve judgement 'til I see it. Then I'll tell you all how bad it sucks. Razz

Well that's your problem right there lol. If you go into any movie that was previously a book or comic book and expect it to be a lot like that you're gonna be disappointed. I mean shit even The DaVinci Code had a lot of changes from what the book was. There has only been one movie I ever heard of that people said it followed the comic book pretty damn well and that was Watchmen. But any movie that I have read the book for (and by book I include comic books) I don't go in expecting it to be like it.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  jitterypillow Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:52 am

I tried typing out a big long responce, but in the middle of it, my computer decided to reboot. Evil or Very Mad Aparantly, Windows XP is on your side, Freak.

It's not about being exactly like the comic or the cartoon, it's about keeping to the spirit of the story. The Iron Man movie didn't take place during Vietnam, but it kept to the spirit of the story. Tobey Maguire didn't build a set of wrist mounted web shooters in the Spider-Man movies, but it kept to the spirit of the story. Braveheart, a movie I know you like, had tons of historical innacuracies, including the fact that the french chick wasn't born until after Wallace was dead. But, again, it kept to the spirit of the story.

Everything I've read or heard about the GIJoe movie tells me that they're not bothering to do that. I was actually pretty jazzed when I first heard about a Joes movie, but that hope is waning. I may be wrong, and have been proven wrong in the past, but my gut tells me I'm gonna be upset.
jitterypillow
jitterypillow

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:32 am

Has anyone seen that movie Precious?
I am actually kinda pretty interested to see it.
Not too many movies have ever made me cry.
((As a matter of fact, only three have.))
And I have a feeling this one will.
Which means to me, it will be an amazing film.
Anyone?
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

http://www.myspace.com/classyeva

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:26 am

I haven't seen Precious yet. The last movie I saw in the theaters was 2012 which was actually pretty good. Special effects are definitely awesome in it. It's a long movie (almost 3 hours) but thankfully it's not one of those that seems that long. You're not sitting there going omg is this movie ever gonna end???

Beyond that I saw New Moon....fuck the haters. I like the movie and I've seen plenty of people who were all anti-Twilight, give it a shot and like it. Spare me the "vampires don't sparkle" and all the other things. I don't see people bitching that some movies transform the vampire into a bat, some don't. Some transform into a human-bat mixture. Some movies have vampires burst totally into flames if sunlight touches them. Some have the body part exposed start to burn. My point is there has been no real set version of a vampire and what it's supposed to be in movies. Everyone has done their own twist to it. Look at Underworld vampires vs Dracula vs Blade vs the ones in Van Helsing and so on. All are different so get over it already. Okay enough of that rant lol

Also saw Zomebieland which OMG that movie rocked!!! "Rule #2 - double tap" lol That's one movie I will definitely be buying when it comes out on DVD! Also Pelham 123 is pretty good. Slightly odd roll for John Travolta but still a good movie. Old Dogs wasn't too bad for a Disney movie.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzzbomb Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:54 am

downloaded and burned Zombieland a few weeks ago.excelent rip!
also downloaded District 9...and Pandorum,all of which i liked.
fuzzbomb
fuzzbomb

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Freak wrote:I haven't seen Precious yet. The last movie I saw in the theaters was 2012 which was actually pretty good. Special effects are definitely awesome in it. It's a long movie (almost 3 hours) but thankfully it's not one of those that seems that long. You're not sitting there going omg is this movie ever gonna end???

Beyond that I saw New Moon....fuck the haters. I like the movie and I've seen plenty of people who were all anti-Twilight, give it a shot and like it. Spare me the "vampires don't sparkle" and all the other things. I don't see people bitching that some movies transform the vampire into a bat, some don't. Some transform into a human-bat mixture. Some movies have vampires burst totally into flames if sunlight touches them. Some have the body part exposed start to burn. My point is there has been no real set version of a vampire and what it's supposed to be in movies. Everyone has done their own twist to it. Look at Underworld vampires vs Dracula vs Blade vs the ones in Van Helsing and so on. All are different so get over it already. Okay enough of that rant lol

Also saw Zomebieland which OMG that movie rocked!!! "Rule #2 - double tap" lol That's one movie I will definitely be buying when it comes out on DVD! Also Pelham 123 is pretty good. Slightly odd roll for John Travolta but still a good movie. Old Dogs wasn't too bad for a Disney movie.

Yeah, I saw New Moon and I was MUCH more impressed with that than I was with Twilight. I definatley think it had a ton to do with the director and the director of photography, both of which were fired and replaced in between films. Plus the CG of everything was better, which is to be expected when they had a way bigger budget for this one. Their sparkling skin almost looked real, lol. Smile I am honestly really excited for Eclipse because the director did a really good job with New Moon and he is doing Eclipse too, and Eclipse was my favorite book so I have high expectations. Smile

And I totally have to agree... Zombieland was BAD fucking ASS!!! I will also totally be buying that when it comes out.
Then again, I'll be buying New Moon too. This saga fan has to collect the collectables. Smile

The last movie I saw in theaters was either Paranormal Activity or Michael Jackson's This Is It. Both were good. pale
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:08 pm

fuzzbomb wrote:downloaded and burned Zombieland a few weeks ago.excelent rip!

I never heard of Pandorum... what's that about? And who's in it?
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:17 pm

charliebrown36 wrote:
fuzzbomb wrote:downloaded and burned Zombieland a few weeks ago.excelent rip!

I never heard of Pandorum... what's that about? And who's in it?

Zomebieland fucking rocks!! So did District 9 and Pandorum.

Pandorum is basically a space movie. These 2 guys wake up from basically hyper sleep and the rest of the crew is like missing and there's these creatures attacking the crew. It was a pretty good movie as long as you like sci-fi/horror type of movies.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  jitterypillow Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:27 am

I was right about G.I. Joe. Razz
jitterypillow
jitterypillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content