RMG Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The dating scene

+4
charliebrown36
kasblah
jitterypillow
Freak
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The dating scene Empty The dating scene

Post  Freak Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:49 am

I admit I hate the dating scene. lol I think part of why I say that is you have too many people putting on acts to impress people or get something out of it.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

The dating scene Empty Re: The dating scene

Post  jitterypillow Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:44 am

Kinda why I'm glad to be out of it. I can watch from afar, pretend that I could get some if I want, then go home to my wife who loves me. Shocked

Ha! Twisted Evil She puts up with me! Sucker! Laughing
jitterypillow
jitterypillow

Back to top Go down

Post  kasblah Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:48 am

dating sucks..I have always been a more of a relationship type person...but yeah can't seem to have one of those either..

kasblah

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Well see the problem is even if you try to date and get into a relationship you get too many people who put on acts trying to impress you. You get those people who act one way when they are dating (like not in an official relationship) and then they act different when they are committed to someone. It's like FUCK THAT! Act the same regardless!
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:41 am

Luckily I don't have that problem. Taylor acted the exact same way from when we were friends, to when we were dating, to now with us in a serious relationship. At least life worked out for someone... Like a Star @ heaven
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

http://www.myspace.com/classyeva

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:39 am

Oh I am beyond glad to be out of the dating scene now. I've found someone that I really click with. He's not that super nice pushover type of guy but he's not a jackass either. He's got that sense of humor but knows when to be serious. He can dish out the insults and joking as well as he can take it. Plus everyone in my family seems to love him.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace0751 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:37 pm

The good ol dating thread modified. When someone is attracted to me I will go for it until then I am living how I want to. Their are some things I just don't want to give up just to get someone. I kind of stopped looking cause I have not found someone in a long time and why keep trying to find someone when all your doing is coming up way short. Fuck searching, Fuck dating, fuck it all I quit.

Ace0751

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Freak wrote:Oh I am beyond glad to be out of the dating scene now. I've found someone that I really click with. He's not that super nice pushover type of guy but he's not a jackass either. He's got that sense of humor but knows when to be serious. He can dish out the insults and joking as well as he can take it. Plus everyone in my family seems to love him.

Okay. I have a question for you. If and when you and your beau fight... how bad does it get? 'Cause me and Taylor RARELY fight, but when we do, it gets REALLY bad, and like... things end up being tense and not-let-go-of for like... two to three days. Just mainly because we are both so stubborn. But it's never like it's just a small pety argument that we get over. The rare occassion that there is a fight it's like freakin' WWIII. affraid
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Ace0751 wrote:The good ol dating thread modified. When someone is attracted to me I will go for it until then I am living how I want to. Their are some things I just don't want to give up just to get someone. I kind of stopped looking cause I have not found someone in a long time and why keep trying to find someone when all your doing is coming up way short. Fuck searching, Fuck dating, fuck it all I quit.

Ace, don't give up. You're too cute and too nice a guy to be alone. All the girls are just dumb. Keep looking. You will find the perfect one. tongue
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace0751 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:33 pm

Well you can't say all, you can say most of them. Its all good though if they want to make bad decisions that's their problem not mine. I know this one likes me but she hates my personality LOL. I can make a page about it but its not worth my breath right now. Plus its winter so dating is out of the question lol.

Ace0751

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Ace0751 wrote:Well you can't say all, you can say most of them. Its all good though if they want to make bad decisions that's their problem not mine. I know this one likes me but she hates my personality LOL. I can make a page about it but its not worth my breath right now. Plus its winter so dating is out of the question lol.

Winter dating is NEVER out of the questions. Some of the cutest and more memorable first dates I've ever had were in the winter!!! Idea Plus, this is just my advice.... Do no bother going for the chick (even if she does say yes). If she can't like your personality for what it is, then there is no way the relationship will work because she will just always be focused on changed you like glue into her favorite man. And that doesn't need to happen, 'cause you are just fine yourself. Smile
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:33 am

charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:Oh I am beyond glad to be out of the dating scene now. I've found someone that I really click with. He's not that super nice pushover type of guy but he's not a jackass either. He's got that sense of humor but knows when to be serious. He can dish out the insults and joking as well as he can take it. Plus everyone in my family seems to love him.

Okay. I have a question for you. If and when you and your beau fight... how bad does it get? 'Cause me and Taylor RARELY fight, but when we do, it gets REALLY bad, and like... things end up being tense and not-let-go-of for like... two to three days. Just mainly because we are both so stubborn. But it's never like it's just a small pety argument that we get over. The rare occassion that there is a fight it's like freakin' WWIII. affraid

Oh we've had some pretty good fights so far including one of us storming off. Well we've both done a storm off moment. There's been yelling and shit. Luckily we both hate fighting with each other so we're pretty quick to talk things out and get past it. I remember it became kinda funny cause we'd hang out at this one bar and get into a fight. He'd leave or I would and we'd fight through texts. I'd end up being like fuck this, meet me at such and such place to talk. We joked that was our fight place because we always went to the same place and most of the time had the same damn waitress! lol But yeah I'm usually the peacemaker a bit more often. I've learned ways in the past to control my temper or stop being stubborn. So now it's been a matter of me finding the ways to get his temper calmed down or to snap him out of a stubborn spot.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:36 am

charliebrown36 wrote:
Ace0751 wrote:Well you can't say all, you can say most of them. Its all good though if they want to make bad decisions that's their problem not mine. I know this one likes me but she hates my personality LOL. I can make a page about it but its not worth my breath right now. Plus its winter so dating is out of the question lol.

Winter dating is NEVER out of the questions. Some of the cutest and more memorable first dates I've ever had were in the winter!!! Idea Plus, this is just my advice.... Do no bother going for the chick (even if she does say yes). If she can't like your personality for what it is, then there is no way the relationship will work because she will just always be focused on changed you like glue into her favorite man. And that doesn't need to happen, 'cause you are just fine yourself. Smile

I second that. The whole it's winter so dating is out of the question is BS. It just means you can't do something like going to the park or some outside shit. That doesn't rule out dinner and a movie or other things. Um okay apparently that chick only likes your looks then which if she hates your personality she pretty much hates you then. Don't even bother with a chick like that. Like CB said...it's NOT gonna work out. She'll keep trying to change you, you'll get annoyed by it and one of you 2 is gonna snap eventually.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:26 pm

Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

Oh we've had some pretty good fights so far including one of us storming off. Well we've both done a storm off moment. There's been yelling and shit. Luckily we both hate fighting with each other so we're pretty quick to talk things out and get past it. I remember it became kinda funny cause we'd hang out at this one bar and get into a fight. He'd leave or I would and we'd fight through texts. I'd end up being like fuck this, meet me at such and such place to talk. We joked that was our fight place because we always went to the same place and most of the time had the same damn waitress! lol But yeah I'm usually the peacemaker a bit more often. I've learned ways in the past to control my temper or stop being stubborn. So now it's been a matter of me finding the ways to get his temper calmed down or to snap him out of a stubborn spot.

Yeah, in regards to storm-off moments, Taylor is the only one who has stormed out of someplace and left when fighting, and it's happened twice. And I get really freaked out whenever that happens, 'cause I never know what it means. It's like... okay? Are we gunna talk this out later? Are we breaking up? What the fuck is going on? And then because of my stupid anxiety problems I always freak out even more and end up blasting his cell phone until he answers and then we argue like CRAZY FUCKING MAD COWS (pig) and then crying and then making up. Plus my other main issue is that after all this time, I don't know how to snap him out of his stubborn hot headed phases. He is really bad at letting things go, and plus he is a Pisces so he is really good/bad at being really stubborn, so no matter what tactic I try, it always turns into a fight when I try to snap him out of it to make the peace and have a good night. How do you do it? confused TEACH ME! Smile
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

Yeah, and snapping is not a good thing. It NEVER turns out well. Smile
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace0751 Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

I second that. The whole it's winter so dating is out of the question is BS. It just means you can't do something like going to the park or some outside shit. That doesn't rule out dinner and a movie or other things. Um okay apparently that chick only likes your looks then which if she hates your personality she pretty much hates you then. Don't even bother with a chick like that. Like CB said...it's NOT gonna work out. She'll keep trying to change you, you'll get annoyed by it and one of you 2 is gonna snap eventually.

I am already over her but she is not which is sad. I am who I am you can't change nothing.

Ace0751

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Ace0751 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

I am already over her but she is not which is sad. I am who I am you can't change nothing.

Eh I just don't get how you can be into someone apparently that much but hate their personality??? If you take away personality all that's left is looks so that would mean she's gotta be the most shallow person in the world if she can get that hung up on looks alone. Suspect
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:13 pm

charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

Yeah, in regards to storm-off moments, Taylor is the only one who has stormed out of someplace and left when fighting, and it's happened twice. And I get really freaked out whenever that happens, 'cause I never know what it means. It's like... okay? Are we gunna talk this out later? Are we breaking up? What the fuck is going on? And then because of my stupid anxiety problems I always freak out even more and end up blasting his cell phone until he answers and then we argue like CRAZY FUCKING MAD COWS (pig) and then crying and then making up. Plus my other main issue is that after all this time, I don't know how to snap him out of his stubborn hot headed phases. He is really bad at letting things go, and plus he is a Pisces so he is really good/bad at being really stubborn, so no matter what tactic I try, it always turns into a fight when I try to snap him out of it to make the peace and have a good night. How do you do it? confused TEACH ME! Smile

Well I can tell you if I've stormed off it's because I need to get out of the situation at that moment. It's like I storm off to avoid saying something I don't mean and just need my time to cool down. I'm a Scorpio so I know about being stubborn. It kinda depends on what is going on. I know one night Justin was being stubborn about something and was pissed off and I remember I grabbed him by like his coat and was like fucking look at me and listen to me. Sometimes it's just a matter of saying things over and over that are too much logic for them to ignore no matter how stubborn they want to be. If say (and I'm just using this as a random example) he's going you don't really care about me, then I'd just sit there and continue to point out ways that prove I do, ways that even he knows prove that. It's not easy. Part of the stubborn is also an age thing cause hell at that age we all thought we knew everything. It may even be that you have to ignore him for a bit to get him to snap out of his stubborn moment.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:24 am

Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

Well I can tell you if I've stormed off it's because I need to get out of the situation at that moment. It's like I storm off to avoid saying something I don't mean and just need my time to cool down. I'm a Scorpio so I know about being stubborn. It kinda depends on what is going on. I know one night Justin was being stubborn about something and was pissed off and I remember I grabbed him by like his coat and was like fucking look at me and listen to me. Sometimes it's just a matter of saying things over and over that are too much logic for them to ignore no matter how stubborn they want to be. If say (and I'm just using this as a random example) he's going you don't really care about me, then I'd just sit there and continue to point out ways that prove I do, ways that even he knows prove that. It's not easy. Part of the stubborn is also an age thing cause hell at that age we all thought we knew everything. It may even be that you have to ignore him for a bit to get him to snap out of his stubborn moment.

Hrm, that all seems like pretty good ideas. I'll have to try them next time we fight and let you know how it goes. cat
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:25 am

charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

Hrm, that all seems like pretty good ideas. I'll have to try them next time we fight and let you know how it goes. cat

Hopefully it works out for ya. I know like the grabbing him and making him look at me has worked on him. Even he's been like wow cause it's one of those that it totally gets his attention. Plus then it forces him to make eye contact and realize what I'm saying isn't BS. And it's ironic we're talking about this and today I get to deal with a small fight with Justin. Gotta love the fucked up ways life works.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:12 am

Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

Hopefully it works out for ya. I know like the grabbing him and making him look at me has worked on him. Even he's been like wow cause it's one of those that it totally gets his attention. Plus then it forces him to make eye contact and realize what I'm saying isn't BS. And it's ironic we're talking about this and today I get to deal with a small fight with Justin. Gotta love the fucked up ways life works.

Actually last night we got in a small argument and he stormed off, so I followed him (I usually don't) and grabbed him and made him look at me and explained to him why it was so rude and disrespectful to storm off when we are fighting. 'Cause regardless of how bad and what we are fighting about, when you storm off you are saying to me that you don't care enough to solve the problem so that we don't fight about it anymore. And he understood and got it, and everything was good. Smile
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 pm

charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

Actually last night we got in a small argument and he stormed off, so I followed him (I usually don't) and grabbed him and made him look at me and explained to him why it was so rude and disrespectful to storm off when we are fighting. 'Cause regardless of how bad and what we are fighting about, when you storm off you are saying to me that you don't care enough to solve the problem so that we don't fight about it anymore. And he understood and got it, and everything was good. Smile

YAY!!! I'm glad it worked out for you. I know it did with me and Justin. I remember even afterwards he was like when you grabbed me and made me look at you it snapped me out of things. But yeah storming off is never good. It's better to take a minute to go..."I need some time to myself to calm down" or whatever rather then just walk off.
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  charliebrown36 Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:37 am

Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:
Freak wrote:
charliebrown36 wrote:

YAY!!! I'm glad it worked out for you. I know it did with me and Justin. I remember even afterwards he was like when you grabbed me and made me look at you it snapped me out of things. But yeah storming off is never good. It's better to take a minute to go..."I need some time to myself to calm down" or whatever rather then just walk off.

That was exactly my point to him.
charliebrown36
charliebrown36

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:09 am

Yeah that's what me and Justin have agreed on. Cause we both have done the storm off routine to the other one. We've both said hey from now on if you need to get out of the situation or just need time to cool down...then just say so. It'll cause less drama. You won't piss off the other person because you just walk off. Plus it's like this way if you truly want left alone for a few minutes you won't have to worry that the other person keeps trying to talk to you. But that's one of my things I do with him (the grabbing him).
Freak
Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace0751 Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:27 am

Good thing I have not found anyone yet cause if we got into an argument I would say what I need to say and end of story. No drama here lol. And enough with all the quotations my god.

Ace0751

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum